Tips On How To Clean Laminate Flooring
January 6, 2016 | Cleaning | No Comments|
Laminate floor is basically a wooden-based floor which is coated with plastic. This floor looks stunning and gives a very refined photographic look. Laminate floor must be protected using carpets, rugs and protective mats and it must be cleaned on regular basis by moping, dusting and vacuuming. Wet mopping over laminate floor can cause water seeping so damp moping can only be done over it for cleaning. While cleaning laminate floor acrylic products or wax must not be used as they can harm the floor. Following are some of the very effective methods for how to clean laminate flooring.
- Laminate flooring is coated with plastic so we can say that it consists of manufacturer-approved solution for cleaning. However for toughie stains or debris like shoe polish stain, nail polish stain, crayon or ink spots you can use alcohol. Rub it over the spot and you will get neat and clean floor in the end.
- Heal marks can be erased with simple eraser and spots of tar and grease can be erased by mineral spirit. Plastic knife is used to remove chewing gum or hot wax from your laminate floor.
- You can clean the surface of laminate flooring by using vacuum after setting it on wood floors mode.
- You can do mopping with microfiber mop which gently removes stains and collects all the dust or hair.
- To remove the dust from grooves on the floor you must mop or vacuum in the direction in which the laminate floor is placed.
- You can use mixture of water and vinegar or a little amount of dishwashing detergent to clean the surface of the floor during mopping.
- Do not use any chemical for shine because it will damage the texture of the floor.