Carpets and rugs are purchased with a heavy amount and if cleaned and maintained properly they can be used for years. If you are thinking of cleaning your carpet at home, be careful in selecting the correct technology and equipment. If a carpet remains wet for hours it causes mold to grow and its colors and quality can also be damaged. You can follow these instructions on how to steam clean carpet to properly clean your carpet.
- Visit an authentic website to get a portable steam cleaner. Websites keep record of top steam cleaners promising fiber retention, water and soil removal and quality cleaning of carpet. A prolonged wet carpet or over wetting can result in production of mold and unpleasant smell. If you don’t use a good steam cleaner, re-soiling will be caused in carpet.
- Remove furniture and every other thing from the carpet before cleaning so that you will easily clean the carpet without hassle.
- Use cleaning solution or detergent with low PH like 7-9 to not to damage the color or fiber of the carpet.
- Fill the container with water and detergent container with a cleaning solution that has the PH suggested by the manufacturer.
- Start with the corner of the room and move backward. Avoid walking over the carpet while cleaning it.
- Cleaning solution attract dirt particles. Move the steam cleaner firmly over the soil and dirt particles and extract detergent maximum. Rinse the carpet with water to remove the soil and dirt particles.
- If you are having a dehumidifier, turn it on after cleaning. Otherwise turn on the fan and air conditioner to quickly dry the carpet.